Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hey look! I'm still posting! WHY?!?!?!

So, I'm back. To rant more about my life. FUN.
I think I may have mentioned that I've been cast in my choir's production of Alice In Wonderland. Geez, that made it sound like it was actually important or something! I'm a little confused as to why I was cast as the Queen Of Hearts. I get that I'm tall and I'm a good singer and I have the best obnoxious 'I'm sort of British but it's hard to tell because I'm so loud and rude' voice, but I'm not a chunky legged, doubled chinned, red faced jerk like the lady I'm supposed to portray. So who am I turning this character into?
I have a few choices.
1. I can be that obese, spoiled woman from the original Disney movie everyone knows about. (Though this involves eating a lot of cake and getting out of gym class somehow.)

2. I can be the lanky, tall Queen of Hearts who's stubborn and loud.

3. I can be the cute, cunning Queen Of Hearts who masters in Simon Says like no other champ and gives shifty glances to Alice to make her feel incredibly uncomfortable... >:)

4. I can be the mood swinging drama queen who's happy one minute and peeved the next.

5. I can go onstage and pass out of stage fright.

So many choices... Everyone says I'm ''convincing'' during rehearsal. Hmm... I'm also told my voice is "perfect" and I could scare the buhgeeburs out of my fellow actors' dads any day... (New hobby?) I think I was given the role hands down. Not only because I was probably the loudest of all who auditioned but because I really fit the role. I will admit, I am being a diva about not have very many lines and having to ruin my solo by yelling instead of singing, (I also expect a costume made of the finest materials and literally fit for a Queen, tee-hee!) but I'm happy nonetheless.
And very, very excited.
Now...
OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!
~P

No comments:

Post a Comment