Tuesday, June 8, 2010

20th post!

Yay for me! (Too bad no one is reading this...)
Tomorrow is the last day of school and unlike everyone else, I'll be going a completely different route. While everyone at my school is going to Dow High, I'll be at Midland with only about 3 or 4 other kids at my school. Some of the people I'm leaving behind I'm glad I'll never have to encounter again, but others, not so much. Some of the people I talk to regularly I'm even not so sad about; we just talk about the English assignment from last night or maybe about the Spring Break trips we took, nothing but mindless chatter. Even people I just make jokes with I don't mind leaving.
All of them say that we will keep in touch and nothing will separate us, but I know I wont talk to any of them. It's sad, but these last few weeks, I've just decided to let it be. Not many of them I'm particularly close to so that makes it so much easier for me. The friends I was really close to aren't so close to me anymore, I've really let myself withdraw from everyone just to make letting go painless, and it's worked.
Sabrina said she'd walk home from school with me tomorrow, but I know she wont.
Bye guys, it's been a great 3 years but it's high time I grew up.
H.A.G.S
~G

1 comment:

  1. Grace;
    My friend, stop being so hard on yourself, or I will have to hit you :). You may have lost a few friends, but the one's you've gained are the ones that matter- you can't control fate.
    ~Kajsa

    ReplyDelete