Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Insecurity through gold-flecked eyes

I've been way too hard on myself lately. Every time I look in the mirror I bust out into tears and cry like Ma just shot Yeller. I'm not ugly. I'm not fat. So why do I cry? I love my style, my hair, and I most love my lashes but I cry anyhow. I don't think I'm skinny enough. My butt is too round. I'm sickly pale; my face looks like I rubbed a used frying pan all about it, it's so shiny. I used to wish I could be 5'2" now I wish just my legs could somehow add up to be just that much.
But everyone wants to change something about themselves, my list is just particularly long...
Look what I found! Me and my crazy interest in Victorian inspired fashions. It's called Steampunk and it's absolutely amazing. ...
Ok so I was going to put up a few pictures but blogger is disagreeing with me... So here's some urls: (And feel free to look it up, it's really cool)
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/192/c/a/Steampunk_Outfits_Design_by_Kitsunekari02.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjLL7Lxe4ahyphenhyphendGlSO9YmtxCiYb6DpYD5IhBubqtYSD0udve3L5FsoLKVD-JTbMDanqkDbBUF6Op_72eD7SAPZiT-GVu9yAx6x-sOV3_nPpNSBm6RS0kb0MH76mAnMj9KI8DFVKZq_XDjlU/s400/ashesandempires.etsy.com+1.jpg

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=steam%20punk&order=9&offset=120#/d1fpa7l

I'd never wear this stuff, of course. (Waaay too costume-y not to mention expensive) But I've always found ways to hide elements of Loloita, Harijuku, cosplay even, and just about any other weird Japanese style into my own clothes. I'm not into all of that stuff as much as I used to be but I'll still always like it a little.

It's 90 degrees outside and I'm in skinny jeans and a black hoddie. Hooray self consciousness and slow laundry flow. Cheers to those who only own 2 pairs of shorts and have lazy older sisters.
~P

No comments:

Post a Comment